I’m Back…

And I’m probably just as surprised as you are that I’m posting again. I have no idea how many of you are still out there and it will be hilarious to see how many of you unsubscribe from this. I mean, it’s been almost two years since I’ve written a post and I was barely posting back then anyway. And so much has changed, yet so much has stayed the same. I’m still a catastrophe and technically, still a wife. Sometimes, I feel like I’m in total mid-life crisis mode and at other times, I think I’m figuring things out.

Long story, short – in February 2017, I decided to separate from G. That’s right, I’d already made the decision (and told him) before we went to North Carolina and Mexico…the last few posts I did on here. It was the most difficult decision I’ve ever had to make. I’ll write more about that later, if anyone’s interested. We stayed living together for a while, then he moved out, then I moved out and he moved back. And now we’re living together again! I know, so weird. We’re not together, but we’re really good friends and roommates! I think we’re better at being friends than we were at being spouses.

I have a boyfriend (we’ve been together for about a year and a half) and we’ve had quite a crazy time together. He’s nothing like G and is much more private (especially when it comes to social media) so I don’t know how much I’ll share about him. I’ve found all of this relationship stuff very interesting, though, and I’m really happy/impressed with how G and I have managed it. That’s what made me want to write again. I think we’re in a very unique situation and it’s working. Is any of this where I thought I would be at this point in my life? No. Do I regret any of it? No. I’m just trying to do the best I can. That’s it.

I have downgraded my account here on WordPress and it’s not allowing me to upload photos. I’ll have to figure that out. In the meantime, you can find me @the_marni on Instagram, if you’re dying to see a lot of pictures of Biff. Yes, we still have him and yes, he’s still a psycho.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to I’m Back…

1. Glad to see you posting again, I’ve totally let my blog go, but maybe you’ll inspire me to start writing again. Hope all is well-sounds like it is! 😊

• Marni says:

Hi Nikki! So glad you’re still following. Obviously, I understand letting the blog go, life gets crazy. And you have your hands full. At least we keep posting on Instagram, right?! Good to hear from you and please give my best to your family!! The kids are adorable and getting so damn big. Feeling older and older by the second. Whoa.

2. Melinda says:

I love that you’re back. I always enjoyed your posts.

3. Abby says:

I’m heeeere! I was just thinking about you the other day (I swear) and just reread one of your last posts. We could be living the same life (but I think yours is way cooler)… I still live relatively amicably with my ex hubby and until recently had a boyfriend, but alas we parted ways also amicably. I hope to meet someone new soon. I’ll be reading and following your latest adventures on IG!

• Marni says:

Hi Abby! Thanks so much for writing and I think it’s awesome that you also have an amicable relationship with your ex-husband. It may look weird to some people, but I’m kind of okay with the looking-weird thing at this point in my life. 🙂

4. Candi Coe says:

Glad you are back Marni. Last I heard you were living with your mom. Glad you are happy and back in your house instead of the trailer—although Richard and I thought it was cool. Can’t imagine being there in the winter all alone. Love you bunches. Pearl

• Marni says:

Hi Candi Coe! The trailer was cool and beautiful, but it was so difficult to be there alone. And it was too far from Portland. It’s very good to back in my house. Love you too!!

5. Tracey says:

Wow, just wow….. love reading your blog… hope you go back to daily posts…..
    If you’re ever back in my neighborhood… please let me know… I’d love to see you!!!
    p.s. new email… tlee@upsd83.org