Another Challenge

Last week when I was surfing the internet I came across BodyRock.  I’m sure you’ve all heard about this, but it was new to me.  For those of you that don’t know, it’s an at-home workout program.  And it’s free. When I came across the site, they were just finishing up a 30-day challenge.

After browsing a bit and seeing a million pictures of ripped abs like this:

BR 1

I thought I would give the challenge a try.  G and I are heading to Mexico next month so I have high hopes that I might be able to look less like a flabby beacon of white-ness and more like a semi-flabby beacon of white-ness.  Totally sexy, I know.

So I started the challenge on Tuesday.  The only thing you do on the first day is a fit test.  It takes 7 minutes and 50 seconds.  And I almost died.  The pain was temporary, though, and I went to the gym later to run and bike a few miles.  Not too bad.

In case you are wondering, I did not look like this during the fit test:

BR 3

And that wasn’t one of the fit test exercises either.

I did the day 2 workout yesterday.  I should have known that I was going to have a problem when I saw that it was called the 300 Rep Fat Slaughter Workout.  It took me just under 30 minutes to complete the thing, but I was breathing so hard I thought I was going to have a heart attack.  I really didn’t expect it to hurt so badly or to work my core so much.  I could feel my lower back and triceps getting sore right away.

Fortunately, I’m not too sore this morning (just my abs and arms), but I honestly didn’t think I’d get that sore from these workouts.

As usual, I just thought you woke up looking this good (and didn’t have to work for it):

BR 2

I’ll let you know my progress and whether I complete this 30 day challenge.  But so far, it’s brutal.  Totally brutal.

This entry was posted in Workout and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

11 Responses to Another Challenge

1. ladyanna13 says:

Oooh, I want to try this! Are you doing the February 30-day challenge?

2. Allie says:

I did a previous 30-day challenge with bodyrock, and everyday was like a new hell. But it’s worth it, and I still do the workouts almost everyday…but I eat way too much cake to ever get abs like hers.

• Glad to hear you made it through the 30 days. I have a similar approach to working out: good job working out, now it’s time for frosting/cookie dough/french fries/anything really.

3. Bean says:

Holy hell what are those ab veins? The only vein that ever really pops out of me is the one in my forehead when I forget to breath while trying to workout. Good luck!

4. Christine says:

Booo!! Hiss!!! I like the old Bodyrock with Zuzana…. I find her workouts easier(aside from the ones she did on the beach) and they require very little, if no equipment. She’s doing ZWOW-Zuzana’s Workout of the Week. You can find her on Y0utube and FB.

• I remembering reading stuff about Zuzana and it seems like there’s some drama with her and the whole BodyRock thing. Do you know why she’s not doing the BodyRock stuff anymore?

• Christine says:

I think there was some drama over them switching directions, at least that’s how it came off, she’s now partnered with some major fitness video production company…I have no idea if she’s planning on selling her workouts in the future, or what exactly she’s doing http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ygu3hh7em1k
        No matter the reason for her leaving I felt like BR got ten times skeevier after she left/was forced out, they rotated through two other female hosts before landing this praying mantis chick…

5. Lea says:

Or you could just start doing coke. Less work, same weight loss.