About 5 seconds

Against their good judgment, my employer decided to let me work from home!  And no, I swear I did not get fired.  Now my commute went from 60 miles a day to about 5 seconds!!  So nice.  Today was my first day at home and it was…basically the best sh*t EVER!!!

To celebrate my lack of commute, G and I went out to dinner last night.

I love salt.  G loves ketchup.

And because we ate so much last night, I had to start my day on this thing:

Dreadful…and look who was in front of me:

What a loser.  But look at how fast he was going.

Whoa, slow down, speed demon.

Ok, that’s better.  And how hot did I look this morning:

Yeah, not cute (or hot).  And I’ve been having major hair issues at the gym and can’t get it to stay in a ponytail for more than a few minutes (the reason for the visor).  WTF?  Any of you real runners have any suggestions?  I almost shaved my head this morning.

Gallery | This entry was posted in Eating, Workout and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to About 5 seconds

1. Tricia says:

You’re not using the right pony tail holders. You need those grip things by Goodie. That will hold it!

2. Megan says:

Have you tried sweaty bands?? I love em..usually headbands slip right off my head but these are great. A bit pricey but oh well, what isnt

3. I was also going to suggest Sweaty Bands! BIC bands are the same thing, too. Also, they make hair ties that have a little bit of rubber on the outside. I find that those tend to stay better when you’re running with your hair in a ponytail.

4. Kristen says:

Congrats on the work-from-home gig! To keep hair out of your eyes try bic bands; they work!

5. Candice says:

Yes the Goodies are good grippers! I also wear the cloth headbands that are about 3 inches wide. That seems to keep my hair in place and disguise a good amount of all my sweat. 🙂

6. Erin says:

Sweaty bands are great. You can get knock-offs on Etsy for much cheaper than the $15 price tag. The sweatier and more disgusting you are, the better they hold. And you can get them with glitter. Who doesn’t want to look bedazzled when you’re stinking up the joint like a pig?

7. alex says:

I have to put my hair in a pony, then braid it, then in a bun! it’s the only way my hair really stays.

8. Michelle P. says:

Sweaty Bands, BIC bands, (under armor and Nike make the same thing and you can get a pack of 3 or 4 at a sporting goods store)

9. Melissa says:

two french braids…swiss miss style. hair out of face and no tangles.

10. Jhenn says:

Or I could send you a couple of my sweaty band knock-offs. If interested (I have a TON of them… zebra print, sparkly: black, hot pink, purple,baseballs, brown with small colored stripes, mickey mouse, etc), e-mail me – I’d rather sew them myself than pay the outrageous prices for them, but warning – just because I’d rather sew doesn’t mean I’m good at it, but I’m good enough that these bad boys keep your hair from sticking to your face when working out.

love your blog, btw… started reading after your guest post on SR.